Executive Director of the North Carolina Free Enterprise Foundation Joe Stewart presented to the Rotary Club of North Raleigh Wednesday August 19, 2015. NCFEF is a non-partisan, nonprofit organization that conducts impartial, objective research and analysis on candidates, campaigns, voter attitudes and demographic changes that impact North Carolina’s political landscape.
Joe discussed the Conventional Voting Behavior (CBV) of North Carolinians from data taken in statewide races since 2008. The data suggests that rural voters tend to vote Republican, urban voters tend to vote Democrat and suburban voters tend to vote more for the candidate they like, regardless of party affiliation. Take a look at Joe’s presentation for more information on many interesting trends as we come into the campaign season.
See photos of the meeting below or view directly on Flickr here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/northraleighrotary/sets/72157657070623010/
Prior to joining NCFEF as Executive Director in June 2013, Joe Stewart consulted with corporations and trade associations on issue advocacy and political engagement strategies.
Among Joe’s professional accomplishments:
- Political Director at the NC Chamber (2009 – 2012) – won Business and Industry Political Action Committee (BIPAC) President’s Award for Outstanding Leadership & Service.
- Executive Director of the Insurance Federation of North Carolina (a trade association of leading auto and property insurers) – was ranked 48th most effective lobbyist in 2008 by the NC Center for Public Policy Research.
- He served as Chief Deputy State Treasurer (2000 – 2005) and Assistant Secretary of NC Department of Crime Control and Public Safety (1996 – 2000).
Joe worked in government, politics, issue advocacy and association management for more than 25 years in Baltimore, Washington, DC, and North Carolina. His career began in fundraising, with a job in the UNC Chapel Hill Development Office that began while he was still an undergraduate.
Keep up with the NCFEF and Joe online:
- Visit the NCFEF Website: https://ncfef.org/
- Like the NCFEF Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/NCFEF
- Connect with Joe on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/joe-stewart/10/77a/66a
- Follow Joe on Twitter: https://twitter.com/joestewartncfef