The Rotary Club of North Raleigh achieved the Zone 33 Public Image Citation. The citation serves the purpose of recognizing these clubs for their efforts in promoting Rotary in the media. The criteria for the citation is as follows:
All three of the required activities:
- Organize a Rotary Day event that results in significant media coverage, that engages your members and offers the opportunity to promote your club and The Rotary Foundation. Submit a report of your event with examples of media coverage to your District Public Image Chair.
- Develop a club Public Relations plan and submit it to your District Public Image Chair.
- Define your club’s signature activity (the one you’d like your club to be known for in the community) and promote it to the public.
At least two of the additional activities:
- Gain media coverage of an action-oriented service project or fundraiser.
- Establish a club website, or enhance your club’s existing site, using the current Voice and Visual Identity Guidelines.
- Start or update an electronic club newsletter, using the current Voice and Visual
- Identity Guidelines. Publicize it to non-Rotarians and the local media.
- Use social networking to publicize your club’s activities, enhance Public Image and recruit prospective members.
- Hold at least one fellowship, networking or collaborative event that is open to the public. Use the opportunity to introduce non-Rotarians to Rotary.
- Have at least one media person as a member of your club.
- Post at least one project in Rotary Showcase.