Updated October 24, 2016: Winners & Prizes tab was updated. The Press Release tab was added. We should have more photos soon so keep checking back.
The Jack Andrews Memorial Golf Tournament of 2016 is now behind us, and what an event it was! We will be getting updates throughout the week with details of the standings, fundraising and hopefully more photos. Stay tuned.
2016 Tournament Sponsors
Tournament Final Standings
- First Place: The team of Steven Nelson/Back Nine Homes won gift certificates to Hibernian Irish Pub, Leesville Tap Room and Sawmill Tap Room, plus $50 certificates and anytime golf passes from Wildwood Green Golf Club.
- Second Place: The team of Scott Tarkenton/Novitsky Photography won gift cards from Tasu Asian Bistro, Fresh Levant Bistro, and Chow Pizza Bar, and anytime golf passes from WWG.
- Third Place: The team of Matt Towler/Abbotswood at Stonehenge won gift cards from Manchesters Grill, Lynnwood Grill and Simply Crepes and anytime golf passes at WWG.
- First Place: Nick Sherrill from Bob Monroe’s team won a $200 gift card from Tom Martin at Goldmine Jewelry Shoppe.
- Second Place: Doug Anderson won a gift card from Driftwood Southern Kitchen.
- Linda Brooks won a large pizza from Tony’s Pizza.
- Other prizes were given to contestants from
- Crazy Fire Mongolian BBQ
- Despina’s Café
- Los Tres Magueyes Restaurant
- El Dorado Mexican Restaurant
- Joca’s Gourmet Dawgs
- Ladies: Sandra Blake received a free European facial at Tanas Hair Designs & Spa
- Gentlemen: Nick Sherrill won a gift card from Trali Irish Pub
Other Raffle Prizes
- 2 Casino Night Tickets Gene Hirsch
- Bahama Breeze Gift Certificate Mike Wienold
- Raffle drawing Greg Gulley
- Raffle drawing Mark Duerst
- Raffle drawing Matthew Kane
- Raffle drawing Steven Nelson
- Raffle drawing Rod Frankel
Club contact: Linda Brooks, email@example.com
Nelson Team Aces North Raleigh Rotary Golf Tournament
Hurricane Matthew blew out of town leaving a beautiful, sunny day for the Rotary Club of North Raleigh’s 7th annual Jack Andrews Memorial Golf Tournament on Oct. 17.
This year’s event was the most successful so far, raising money for the club’s charities and getting a jump on its upcoming 50th anniversary year.
It was a hard-fought tournament, with the winning team of Steven Nelson bringing in a first place with an impressive score of 61, closely followed by Scott Tarkenton’s group with 62 and a tie for third at 63 points between the teams of Matt Towler and Jason Potts.
“The combination of great weather, a great turnout and a great cause made this our best annual golf tournament fundraiser yet,” said Tarkenton, club president. “What better way to celebrate the upcoming 50th anniversary of the Rotary Club of North Raleigh.”
Sixty players and several volunteers turned out at Wildwood Green Golf Club, many of whom have participated in this popular outing since its initiation.
Good weather also sparked participation in mulligan sales and the putting and chipping contests. Leith Chrysler Jeep and Mercedes displayed three of their cars in addition to offering special prizes for “closest to the hole” and for the last place or “honest” team, as they called it.
For the first time, free beer was offered to the players, and to offset the expense, advertising was sold on the beverage cart. In addition, festive signs were displayed at all the holes by tournament sponsors and many local merchants and restaurants offered more than 30 prizes for the outing.
Working on the tourney committee were Curtis Stevens, Matt Towler, Mike Riddick and Linda Brooks, coordinating the event with Mindy Glatfelter from Wildwood Green.
In addition to the local club celebrating its 50th anniversary next year, the Rotary Foundation will be celebrating its 100th year of supporting those in need, locally and around the globe.