President Jay Williams hosted the Club’s Winter Assembly on Wednesday December 10, 2014. Amongst the topics were the Holiday Party, 50th Anniversary Committee and the Total Life Center gift bagging effort.
- The Assembly started off with an auction for a bottle of wine. Dr. Ed Smallwood donated the bottle and conducted the auction.
- The club will hold its annual holiday party at the Raleigh Country Club Wednesday December 17th from at 6:30 – 9:00PM. The cash bar will open at 6:30 for mingling and dinner will begin at 7:15.
- Next Wednesday at 12:30 club members will meet at Sertoma to bag the gifts the club will donate to the people at the Total Life Center. Immediately after the bagging members will drive to the TLC and distribute the gifts.2017 will be our 50th anniversary. A committee is currently forming which will begin planning for this event.
- Erik Grunwald reminded the club of the April 24-26th District Conference being held in New Bern. Dee Dee added that it’s a big party and we will have a club event.
- Erik also talked about Rotary Foundation Direct which allows members to make their Foundation contributions online instead of billing through the club.
- Scott Tarkenton provided an update about the “CASINO NIGHT” fundraiser scheduled for March 28, 2015. It will be our big fundraiser for the year and promises to be a fun time.